FCHE Service Requirements
We are a homeschool cooperative that depends on our families working together to ensure things run smoothly for all members. Service hours are a blessing to our co-op, and truly are a great way to connect with other FCHE families!
Service requirements for FCHE families:
- Each family is responsible for completing two service hours for each one hour they have children in classes (total of six class hours would be a semester total of twelve service hours). Service hours are completed at co-op on Thursdays, and reset each semester (Fall and Spring). Duties include: set-up, clean-up, front desk, tutor assistants, lunch monitor, etc.
- As part of their service hours requirement, each family will need to complete two afternoon clean-up hours per semester. These are specifically clean-up hours that are 12:30 pm and later. They will be denoted on Sign-up Genius.
- You may choose to buy-out your service hours at the rate of $20 per service hour.
- Example: If you have children in classes for a total of six hours each Thursday, your semester responsibility would be 12 hours of service. You could work the entire 12 hours doing various service at co-op (including at least two hours of afternoon clean-up), or you could buy-out your 12 hours for a total of $240 each semester. You could also do a combination of service and buy-out.
- FAMILIES HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 16 HOURS PER SEMESTER TO COMPLETE.